5.02.2008

Looking Forward to the Weekend

Needless to say this has been a long week. I am very much looking forward to hanging out with Bethany and Anna Brooke and enjoying family time. Anna Brooke's imagination is just growing and growing and it is so much fun to watch her play. Tonight, after AB goes to sleep, I think we are going to watch "27 dresses". I am sure this is a total chick flick but Bethany wanted to see it so I guess that's ok. On that note, last week we watched "Enchanted" against my will. Bethany fell asleep about 15 minutes into it and I am embarrassed to say that I watched the rest of it and actually enjoyed it. I guess this is why God is blessing me with girls.

Tomorrow morning, after our Little Einstein/Backyardigans/Dora time, I am sure we will head to the park and let Anna Brooke exert as much energy as possible. She loves to swing and slide, as I am sure all 2 year old's do, and it wears her out for nap time! I know that sounds awful, but sometimes her naps are a blessing! Tomorrow evening, we are heading to the church for "secret church" (I will blog on that later) and Aunt Erin and Uncle Josh are watching AB. They have been so awesome in watching her so often! We are excited for our nephew Jackson to come so we can return the favor!

On Sunday, after church, I think we are going to drive around and look at houses. This has become a hobby of ours as we hope to find the "perfect house" soon. Not that we haven't enjoyed our apartment for the last two years, but living on the third floor is going to be tough on Bethany with a 2yr old and a newborn. It would just be great to have a yard... and a garage... and no three flights of stairs. So hopefully we will find a house that is just right that we can somehow get into before Emma Kate arrives.

We don't have any appointments for a while (May 28th is our next one) but I will be sure to update when we learn anything new!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You talking about movies made me think of one that I highly recommend. Now bring out the box of tissues when you watch it because the pregnancy hormones will get BOTH of you going.

It's called Something the Lord Made

It's about the men who created the techniques used to fix "blue babies". (BT-Shunt - similar to the Norwood which you'll need to have)

I watched this on HBO when I was pregnant with Olivia. Channel surfed into it, no less. Arnie was sleeping but my bed shaking sobs woke him up. The baby going from blue to pink is a bit dramatic but it will move you like no other movie has.

Take care, enjoy the weekend and your girls!

Anonymous said...

First, I think every parent can agree that naptime can be a huge blessing and even a relief.
As a father, specifically, I can only identify to a small degree with how you must be trying to process and deal with the emotions and the future of Emma Kate's situation. When Jennifer and I got married, I suddenly was hit with the responsibility of being protector, provider, and leader (on an Earthly level of course, not trying for God's role by any means). With Fritz, even more so I felt responsible b/c of his innocence and inability to understand or cope with things like our neighbors who will stomp on the floor over his room at midnight (sometimes obviously on purpose). It has been possibly the single most frustrating and infuriating situation for me to not have recourse to protect him in even something so simple as his sleeping in peace. I have had to realize, after MUCH anger and bitterness, that it is more valuable that my little family and I are learning patience and dependence on God through this ordeal than for us to be able to sleep. I can only say that if God can teach us (even as extremely slow we are being in learning it) those things in our experience, how much more will He be able to use you family's experience, and indeed Emma Kate's entire life, to work in people around you and show His glory, mercy, and daily role in providing and protecting in ways that we will never be able to accomplish no matter how rich, powerful, or talented we might be.
On another note, I asked Fritz what he wanted to do, and he said in his now characteristic way of informing us of his desires, "I WANT Anna Brooke!"

Unknown said...

I am glad to see you and Bethany get some time together. I am sure that is healthy for the both of you. I actually watched " THe Notebook" for the third time last night. So I can understand the click flick stuff. Once again I think it is perfect you had a girl and are having another. Anna Brooke Hawk. Has the perfect ring to it. I think it was meant to be.