5.01.2008

Oh Let Me Not Forget to Tremble

This morning we saw Dr. Colvin who will be our pediatric cardiologist. He examined Emma Kate's heart once more and thoroughly explained EK's diagnosis. From my understanding from the visit, everything is healthy with EK other than her left ventricle and her aorta. He explained that the right ventricle, right and left atria and the pulmonary vein and arteries all look good (which is a good sign for the surgeries that she will go through!). The first surgery will be shortly after she is born (within 2 weeks) which will basically move the workload of the left ventricle around to various other arteries. As she grows (and the tubes in her body do not) she will have the second surgery, bidirectional Glenn, anywhere from 4-6 months after her first. The third and hopefully final surgery, the fontan, will be around 1-2 years later and should complete all of the "rewiring". He was very reassuring and answered a lot of mine and Bethany's questions. Obviously this will not be a walk in the park, but it seems that they have a good handle on the procedures that will take place.

I have been completely blown away by the detail of these ultrasounds! It is so incredible to see Emma Kate inside and out. It makes me wonder.. how do people not believe in a Creator?? Emma Kate is so tiny, yet so complex. It often takes things like these to make me realize how incredible God is. And He is even more than I can fathom. Shirts today claim Jesus to be our "homeboy" but He is so much more. He is our friend, He does want an intimate relationship with us and He does want us to recognize him in a personal way but more than that He wants us to recognize that He is Holy.

Nichole Nordeman, who is an amazing songwriter, wrote:
"You came and chose to wear the skin of all of us.
And it's easy to forget You left a throne.
And the line gets blurry all the time.
Between daily and Divine.
And it's hard to know the difference.
Oh, let me not forget to tremble.
Oh, let me not forget to tremble.
Face down on the ground do I dare,
To take the liberty to stare at You.
Oh, let me NOT...
Oh, let me NOT forget to tremble."

It is my prayer today that I would not forget to tremble in His presence. That through these trials and even during times of joy that I would not forget that God is the creator of all things. He spoke and we came into being. HE IS HOLY!

No comments: