1.22.2009

Chylothorax

Please say another prayer for Emma Kate. She has a developed a condition called Chylothorax. This results from lymphatic fluid accumulating in the cavity surrounding the lungs. This happens when damage has been done to the lymphatic system during a surgery. Her chest tube is still in, which is a good thing, because this allows the extra fluid to drain without going into her lungs. They have put Emma Kate on a different formula to help with the draining. They seem to feel confident that things will clear up. But it is hard to not get worried.

This truly sucks. I have been very confident and very care-free in all of this. I know that God will heal her. But I hate this. I hate seeing my happy, laid back daughter cry every time she is awake. It breaks my heart that I can't pick her up. She looks at Bethany and I with eyes that say, "Help me. Hold me daddy". I just want this to be over. And it will be soon. And she won't remember any of it. And it will all be ok. But right now it just sucks.

5 comments:

Kiki and Lito said...

I know this is a horrible time for you. I wish I could be there with you right now. I know that God is going to cure her and everything will be alright. Remember, "Her Grandmother Loves Her"! I love you.

Brandon Nichols said...

Bro, I'm so sorry. Please keep posting updates.

Anonymous said...

this is common. I posted on Bethany's journal that my friend's daughter had this after the Glenn as well She's now 4 and doing great (two weeks from the Fontan for them).

Put it in God's hands...

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry that you all have to experience this. i feel like my words are so generic, but i mean them from the bottom of my heart. i am praying for you, bethany, and emma kate. feel God's arms around you....His hands are holding emma kate when you can't.

Jenna said...

Brooks, I am so sorry ya'll are having to go through this. I wish there was something more I could do for ya'll. But I know praying is the best thing I can offer - so that is what I am doing without ceasing!!