8.22.2008

Emma Kate in Surgery

We found out this morning that Emma Kate was moved to the first case. We walked with her up to the OR, and around 7:35am, the OR nurse said that Dr. Kirshbom should begin between 8:30 and 9:00am. The nurse will give us a call when they have begun. And she will also call every hour during the surgery. Bethany was able to hold Emma Kate for a few minutes. And when we walked with her to the OR she was wide awake looking around at everything and everyone. Thank you for your prayers and we will keep you updated.
Brooks and Bethany

4 comments:

Erika said...

You are all in my thoughts this morning - EK, the doctors, the surgeons, the nurses, the medical staff, and just as importantly, you both. I know what you're feeling right now, and I would do anything to help ease it if I could. Hoping for a smooth, calm morning and afternoon and an easy 24 hours to follow (well, and for easy years and years and years, too!).

Sending love, love, love and more love (yes, from someone you've never met!).

Anonymous said...

I love you guys and I love Emma Kate! I tear up each time I think of all you're going through. Know that I'm praying for you and everyone involved with EK's surgery this morning. Let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

I am praying right now! Congratulations you guys...she is beautiful. Great job on your labor Bethany. I'm glad it wasn't too crazy. :)

Anonymous said...

I am a military friend of Bethanys from Ft. Leavenworth and I just want to send my prayers out to you both that God, our Great Physician, continue to watch over Emma Kate and ignite exactly what his plan is for her. I pray that you all are able to find peace in knowing that she is in great hands, both with doctors and with the Lord. I pray that the doctors use every talent they possess and every training tool they have ever received to heal the big beautiful heart of Emma Kate's.