8.19.2008

Pink Bundle of Joy

It is late and I had typed a long long post about how great of a day it has been and it didn't save. I will type something again tomorrow when I get to Atlanta.

To summarize:

Bethany and Emma Kate are doing Great!! Bethany said this delivery was night and day compared to Anna Brooke. She had some trouble with the contractions but when it came down for EK to come, it was smooth sailing.

Emma Kate is doing amazingly well. She was born at 4:37pm and was 5 lbs 13 oz and 19 1/4 inches long. She is in the NICU now and is very stable. Her oxygen levels are moving around 97-100. She will be monitored all night and we will find out in the morning when she will be transported to Atlanta.

I am actually going home now (11:50pm) to get some rest (Bethany's cousin Marti is staying the next few days with Beth) as I will be driving to Atlanta tomorrow. Emma Kate will be taken to Atlanta sometime tomorrow and we would like for me to be there when she gets there. Bethany will head over on Thursday when she is discharged with her mom and Anna Brooke.

We aren't sure when her surgery will be but think it will be late this week or next Monday. The docs said after doing an echo and taking x-rays that Emma Kate's heart has no new conditions to be concerned with. This is great news. Her left ventricle is very small as is her aorta (2.4cm) but this is what they expected. She has no leaking in any of her valves and all arteries look strong.

I will try to update when I get a chance in Atlanta. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and comments. She is such a beautiful mild mannered little angel. Bethany and I both were able to hold her for a little while late this evening and she is so sweet. She kept looking around and sticking out her little tongue. I loved the fact that I was able to soothe her cries by just talking to her. Whenever I would speak, she would calm down to listen. She is already holding my heart!

Here are a few pics from the day... We will post more later.








5 comments:

Kristy said...

What a little doll baby! She's beautiful, and I can see the resemblance to Anna Brooke, just with dark hair!! I love you all so much, and am so proud of you guys. Bethany did a great job! We will be seeing you guys in a few days! Can't wait to meet Emma Kate!

Megan said...

She is beautiful. I love the sweet picture of the 3 of you together. We are still praying as your
journey continues.

Anonymous said...

Brooks & Bethany~Emma Kate is so precious. I love the pic of her all scrunched up in her face...it shows what a fighter God has already taught her to be :) His Hand is on ya'll and especially on her heart. Yep, God's Hand is holding Emma Kate's heart...teaching it to function as He divinely designed hearts to function :) I am tearing up just by writing this...of course I cried reading your post, Brooks. Bethany, you're beautiful! Congrats on doing so well...I can't wait to talk to you! I'll read more on Brooks' posts about when you are in ATL because I am seriously going to try to visit. I love you all!!

Anonymous said...

Brooks! She's beautiful! Please tell Bethany that I'm praying for her and for Emma Kate. (and your whole family, really)

I love you guys and can't wait to meet both of your daughters someday--hopefully soon!

AJ said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Yall continue to be in our prayers! I hope all goes well as you travel to Atlanta and EK remains stable and ready to face surgery. God will do great things in and through EK!!!